We provide expert advice and a proactive approach in order to minimise your business rates bills
Paul Rabbette Ltd. has grown to become one of the country’s most respected niche firms of Business Rates surveyors. We combine in-depth market research with excellent negotiating skills and a comprehensive understanding of the relevant law, with decades of experience, to provide our clients with truly best in class advice. Put simply, if we can’t reduce your business rates liability then no one can.
In our opinion the best way to ensure that your business rates liability is a low as possible is by inspecting and valuing your property prior to lodging an appeal.
The reason that we have such a high success rate (over 95%) is that we only appeal properties that have genuine opportunities to result in savings. This approach not only maximises efficiency, it also means that those properties that are underassessed do not have their Rateable Value increased by the Valuation Office Agency.
Our service includes:
- Advising you on how to reduce your business rates liability
- Managing the whole appeal process on your behalf
- Negotiating with the Valuation Office
- Offering budgetary forecasting
- Pursuing your case to Valuation Tribunal if necessary
- Advising on the merits of applying for rate relief when the opportunities arise
- Helping to reduce liabilities for all types of empty property
- Ensuring that the effects of building, infrastructure or road works in the locality are considered in your rating liability.
We have experience with all types of property from offices, shops and factories, to car showrooms, marinas, stud farms, leisure facilities and many others besides. Our surveyors regularly appear at Valuation Tribunals, as well as presenting at industry seminars.
The rent payable can be significant in determining your rateable value. This is often overlooked when negotiations with the landlord or his surveyor take place.